Peerless Player History
A Brief History of This Project
I started this project back in 2013 because I was not happy using either Windows Media Player or iTunes to play my music collection. I wanted an app that I could organise my music library the way I wanted and so I started to code my own app.
Again the web app had it's limitations. To run on a PC it had to run off a local server and was difficult to deploy as a downloadable app. Working in a browser sandboxed the app from accessing the local directory, which restricted operations on the locally stored music directory. I needed to find a better option to create a native desktop app.
Previous Release: Version 0.2.0
Release Date: 18.01.2021
- Bug fix in queueing next album to play.
- ISC license details added to Help menu.
- Close X button added to large image display for alum art and biography image.
- Track notifications updated with artist and app name.
- Vertically centred large artwork to window size.
- Github link added to Help-About.
- Animation on hover added to social media icons.
- Bug fix to stop screen scrolling to top when new track loads.
- Info button added to album display to show more details about the album.
- Biography page updated with drop down read more button.
- Bumped electron to 8.5.2 - ini to 1.3.8 - jquery-validation to 1.19.3
Historic Release: Version 0.1.3
Release Date: 19.10.2020
- Added dropdown boxes to select tempo, mood and genre in metadata.
- Enabled Content Security Policy.
- Moved shell operations to back end.
- Moved image operations to back end.
- Moved file system operations to back end.
- Disabled remote module.
- Added blur effect to modal box background.
- Bumped Electron to 8.2.3